With a population of over 10 million, Bangalore aka Silicon Valley of India and The Garden City of India, is not a name that is unfamiliar to many. This megacity, capital of Karnataka, being an IT hub, has drawn people from various parts of India and even internationally, as the life of the city is anything but dull and boring. I have lived in Bangalore for 10 years and I still wouldn’t say that I have explored every nook and corner of its magnificence. Nonetheless, it’s a city that I call home and it has my heart because it has made me everything that I am today. It didn’t take me long to fall in love with this city because I was always infatuated with it. When my older sister was doing her medical schooling here, that’s when I first heard of this heaven down south. Known for its amazing weather and multi ethnicities, I always knew this city would steal my heart.
Till date, perhaps one of the hardest things I have had to do in life was to leave it all behind and more to Toronto, Canada. Now when I look back and reminisce one of the many things that I miss about Bangalore is its Beer culture and the food! Being a foodie, I have tried my level best to eat out and discover as many food joints that I could but there are some that have remained my forever constant favorite no matter what new opens up.
This blog is my individual perspective on some of the best bars/restaurants/cafes/ to try out. In this article, I aim to recommend some of my favourite date night places to spend some quality time falling in love with someone.
1) Om Made Café – is one of the prettiest, quaint date night rooftop dining cafes. With limited seating under the stars, Om Made Café is my absolute favourite to spend time with a someone special.
*Top Dishes People Order – Pasta, Salad, Coffee, Sandwich, Wine, Hot Chocolate, Bruschettas
*Average Cost for two – ₹ 1,300
*Location – No. 136, Evergreen PARC, Rooftop, 1st Cross Rd, 5th Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095
2) Toast and Tonic – is an absolute charming hidden gem. And if you are a lover of Gin and Tonic, then this place is a must on your list. Your date cannot go wrong in this fuzzy feeling café.
*Top Dishes People Order – Cocktails, Salad, Mushroom Toast, Risotto, Burgers, Chocolate Cheesecake, Tomato Soup
*Average Cost for two – ₹ 2,000
*Location – 14/1, Wood Street, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025
3) The Fatty Bao – The Fatty Bao covers all your needs for indulging in Asian Flavours. Their perfect ramen bowls can be savored while you enjoy the company of your date.
*Top Dishes People Order – Cocktails, Pork Belly, Crab Sushi, Stuffed Mushroom, Mushroom Ramen, Maki Roll, Dumplings
*Average Cost for two – ₹ 1,200
*Location – 610, 3rd Floor, 12th Main, Off 80 Feet Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore
4) Smoke House Deli – This Café offers delicious portions for those craving European zests. This place is the wholesome mix between flavors and health.
*Top Dishes People Order – Pasta, Burgers, Steak, Cocktails, Salad, Peri Peri Chicken, Cheesecake
*Average Cost for two – ₹ 1,600
*Location – Multiple Locations
5) The Local – Now this probably won’t be on many people’s list as a date night/romantic place but I am listing it because of the simple reason that my dates in this place have always gone perfect. It’s a very casual place to have a stress free, chill, getting to know each other conversation. The vibe of this rooftop gem just eases everyone in the mood and definitely makes my top 5.
*Top Dishes People Order – Burgers, Beer, Nachos, Pizza, Chilli Pork, Beef Chilli, Fries
*Average Cost for two – ₹ 1,300
*Location – 467, 80 Feet Road, Opposite BMTC Bus Depot, Koramangala 6th Block, Bangalore
This, of course, is not the complete list as there is so much more to explore but just a few romantic places that have become my go to when looking forward to spending time together with a someone special.
**Dish references and cost sourced from Zomato